As previously communicated, Halyard Health, Inc. sold its surgical & infection prevention business (surgical gowns, drapes, sterilization solutions, gloves, facemasks and protective apparel) to Owens & Minor. Subsequently, Halyard’s medical device business (respiratory health, digestive health, acute and chronic pain) has been renamed Avanos Medical, Inc.
Currently, Avanos Medical and O&M Halyard operate on shared systems. We are now entering the second of several phases – which will continue into 2019 – as we transition into two distinct businesses and begin the process of separating our IT systems.
We are committed to a smooth transition and avoiding any ordering, shipping or payment delays. Please take the following steps effective Sept. 17, 2018:
- Update your current Halyard Health Vendor Master record*:
- Change the name to Avanos Medical (see new W9)
- Complete a new Tax Exemption form for all ship-to states for seller “Avanos Medical, Inc.” and email to: AR@avanos.com.
- Change the contact information (refer to the Avanos Contacts list).
- See list of Avanos Medical Product Codes that will remain under this vendor.
*NOTE: In the case of a vendor name change, if your company’s protocol is to cancel the existing vendor and set up a new vendor, versus changing name and contact information, please cancel the Halyard vendor effective Sept. 16, 2018.
Other Information to Achieve a Seamless Transition
EDI Direct Connections
Continue to submit your EDI 850 purchase orders and EDI 867 chargebacks via your current AS2 connection. If you have questions or concerns regarding your EDI transactions please contact please contact EDISupport@avanos.com
GHX and Vizient EDI Connections
You will receive a separate communication at a later date regarding any specific activities that will be required.
Shipping and Invoice Documents for Medical Devices are Changing
Effective Sept.17, 2018 all shipping documents for medical devices, currently reading Halyard Health will now reflect Avanos Medical.
Payment Remit-to Address
There is no change to the current remit-to address. Please process Avanos vendor payments using your current payment method. If you have questions concerning payment processes, please contact AR@avanos.com.
The Customer Portal will be shared by both O&M Halyard and Avanos Medical. You will continue to access both medical devices and surgical and infection prevention supplies using your current login and password.
- Distributor Price Agreement Notifications
- Daily portal notifications will continue to be received.
- Distributor List Price
- There are no changes to Avanos Medical list pricing until further notice.
End-Users Price Agreement Notifications
- There will be no change to the notification method or current pricing.
Chargebacks and Sales Tracings
Continue to submit chargeback and sales tracing files as you do today. If you have questions please contact SalesTracing@avanos.com
Additional information/documents pertaining to this phase of the transition:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Summary of Transition Changes
- New Avanos Shipping Document Examples – Coming Soon
- New Avanos Invoice Example – Coming Soon
Please fill out the form below to provide contact information for anyone in your organization who should receive communications about the transition.
If you have any questions, please email or call us at TransitionQuestions@avanos.com or 1-844-4Avanos (1-844-428-2667).
As decisions are finalized throughout the separation process, we will continue to provide you with timely information about changes that may impact you. Thank you for your continued loyalty and partnership.